Rattles rattles rattles

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Threllyp

Post by Threllyp »

Is anyone else suffering with interior rattles?

I have one from the gear stick when in third or fifth and accelerating;

One from the driver's door (somewhere under the metallic grey strip) but I don't have any fabric covers here as I have the base model so not sure if this is why;

One from behind the steering wheel somewhere around the Speedo which is getting louder and louder;

One from somewhere around the boot?! Not sure if it's the parcel shelf or the fittings around the boot but it's very loud.

I generally love the car and it's not even one year old yet but this poor interior quality really let's it down and makes me think something is going to eventually fall off given things rattle so much already. I think this is where the French aspect of the car comes in as they are never built very well are they

Does anyone else have anything similar?

I have a 1.5 diesel se premium nav so not sure if a lot of the rumbles come from how grumbly the diesel engine can be and this is shaking up the car more then a petrol model would??

Thanks

Paul

jtaylor69

Post by jtaylor69 »

Yes, the plastic around the digital instrument cluster is rattling like mad. It stops if I apply a bit of pressure but it doesn't feel like there's a lot of free play...