Unlocking fails. Had to use metal key!

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Friday morning (30/04) electronic key wouldn't unlock my Corsa E. I had to get the hidden metal key out from the standard one to unlock the car. Once open everything was fine. I was able to disconnect the charge cable and drive, but I had exactly the same thing on the return trip. Once the car was unlocked everything, including unlocking, worked as normal for a while, but whenever I left the car to itself for a significant time it was deaf to the remote key, whether handsfree or by clicking the open button.

Just the same Saturday morning. I've made an appointment with the dealer for Thursday.

However I may, possibly, have fixed the problem (or it could just be random). I searched the Internet to find out how this particular key is resynchronised. I seems you turn the car on then, within 30 seconds, press and hold the lock or unlock button. I did that. Nothing apparently happened but, so far, both keys have worked since (not just the one I tried to resynchronise).

Don't know whether I've fixed it or whether it's fixed itself, and if so how long for. Of course when I take it to the dealer it's not likely to play up.

Anyone else had this?

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 »

Yes had this happen again this morning
French electrics? Not sure
Unlock with manual key
Alarms goes off
shut door relock with fob
now works again
Used both fobs to first attempt to get it to open but no avail.
Also another time whilst sat in the car for a while engine off
When hit push start nothing happened but a key sign flashed up and said key not found
Quite strange as had it in my hand lol
Got out tried locking unlocking still no good so used above work around
Wont bother going to our main dealer as they are a bunch of cowboys who just waffle
Mine is petrol top of the range 20 plate
Shame otherwise a decent drive but just to add I find the steering a little vague when on the B roads but sport mode corrects this
Sport set up should be default as other modes are window dressing that function poorly imo
MPG is dire when you consider my model is the lightest corsa out there
Another year and will get rid as far to low to get into and fed up having to pull up short at traffic lights otherwise unable to see them change due to small low down windscreen
Nice car comfortable and fun but at 65 its time to grow up a little and choose something more practical
michaelJf

Post by michaelJf »

So i had this problem on a Mokka E that i leased and then my new corsa that i purchased a couple of weeks ago. I couldn’t believe my luck when the Corsa did the same. Exactly how you described above. Used the physical key to unlock the car once unlock the central locking would work again no problem. Took my Corsa to the dealership and they can’t find a problem same answer i got when i asked about with the Mokka.

After researching for days online reading other people had the same issues I think i have worked out the problem.
The key deactivates if you lock the car and leave it within the radius it has to be in for the keyless entry to work. For example the key has to be within 5 metres of the car the keyless entry to activate so if you lock the car and leave the keys within 5 meters the car deactivates the electric key as a safety precaution. My drive it within 5 metres of my front door where i would often leave my key in overnight in the door lock. And then when i would go to the car i the following morning i would have this problem. I have experimented with this and so far have not had the issue since making sure i move my keys further away from the car when it is parked.

Ps. I am not saying this is definitely the case but it was driving me crazy and I believe i have found the cause!
Cobra26

Post by Cobra26 »

Interesting theory on the proximity of keyfob but I've had the problem after being at shops or away for a walk and returning to a dead car that needs me to open via the boot touch sensor. French electronics right enough.