Software updates? Can you do them via WIFI?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Jazzert100

Post by Jazzert100 »

I posted a reply elsewhere on the forum about some issues I had that seemed to magically get fixed overnight whilst my car was connected to my WIFI.
My question is does the car update automatically when connected to WIFI?
Saturday: Aircon issue and intermittent Keyless entry.
Sunday: Aircon fixed and the car now unlocks on approach and locks on departure automatically.

I did a factory reset on Saturday but no changes until Sunday.

Any ideas?

This was my original post:

The keyless entry on my car was very intermittent, sometimes it worked sometimes you were just left tugging at the door with nothing happening.
The other issue was the Aircon went a bit mad on a 500 mile journey to Weymouth, I set it to low and it went to hot and started blasting hot air out of the vents we had to put the windows down as it was so hot and pull over at the next services.
I did a factory reset and it seemed to fix things a bit ,it also set the Speedo to Kmh ,soon adjusted back to mph.
The aircon problem was still there but only if you selected LO if you set it to 14 degrees it blew cold air,LO still blew hot.
Anyway,I had the car connected to my 4G Mifi router left it in the car overnight switched on.
The following day the Aircon was working perfectly as it should,not only that but the Keyless entry now works without touching the handles,as you approach the car it unlocks and as you leave it beeps then locks.
Does everyone's Keyless work like that?
Ours certainly didn't!
Can someone tell me would the Corsa update Software automatically via the 4G mifi,because that seems to be the case as the unlock on approach and lock on departure never happened before.
I haven't checked what the Software version is yet but will try and post it later.

mattski

Post by mattski »

mine wont connect to wifi to begin with
PauliePaul

Post by PauliePaul »

How do you check for software version?
MikeOx

Post by MikeOx »

Not to my knowledge, this isn't supported.
1.2T (100BHP) SRI Premium NAV
POWER ORANGE (Petrol)