Corsa-e software update (recall)

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:52 am

Good evening all.
My Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium went in for a 3 hour software update under recall. It was in there for 6 days as they bricked the car, but that's a story for another time.
They didn't know what the update provided, but I have noticed 2 changes I wish to share with you.
The remaining mileage has become more intricate, specific even. The Corsa jumped in 7 mile chunks but is now more dynamic and will change in 1, 2, 3 mile increments etc. Much like my Mokka-e.
Keyless entry appears to have had a major upgrade. My car now unlocks upon approach, no need to touch the handle on either door or boot. It also locks when walking away.
Other than this, I haven't noticed any other changes. I was really hoping the auto wipers would stay active after a power cycle, again like my Mokka-e, but alas, they still need activating each start.

Regards,
David.
Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium, Peperoncino (Hot) Red
Mokka-e SE Nav, Jade White

danielbanks82

Post by danielbanks82 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:36 pm

Good to know. Waiting until the first service in May when I ask they do mine.

MaxLaw

Post by MaxLaw » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:06 pm

Put mine in for it's 1st year service - more to get rid of the prompt on the dash than anything else.
Dealers mentioned a recall, which took them 4 hours! Good job I didn't just sit and wait for it!

RDarling

Post by RDarling » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

My dealer couldn't do the software update as their broadband was not up to it!

bladesman83

Post by bladesman83 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:41 pm

MaxLaw wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:06 pm
Put mine in for it's 1st year service - more to get rid of the prompt on the dash than anything else.
Dealers mentioned a recall, which took them 4 hours! Good job I didn't just sit and wait for it!
I know it's a late response, but it's a service every 2 years on these. Bristol street motors tried to get mine in after 12 months and I argued the toss. They ended up confirming with VX that it's a 2 year cycle.
Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium, Peperoncino (Hot) Red
Mokka-e SE Nav, Jade White

RDarling

Post by RDarling » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:20 pm

Interesting comment about the first year service (or not) as I had the same conversation last September, but the service did away with the prompt.

It will be due again this September.

Of note is that I am still not able to have the upgrade and recalls done due to the dealer's lack of broadband reliability.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post