How do I remove the rear light cluster to change the rear indicator bulb......

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Werlynne

Post by Werlynne »

On our new Corsa the rear indicator bulb has stopped flashing, I have found the small access panel to get to the light unit but I am unsure how I remove the unit itself to get to the bulbs, the unit appears to be kept in place by 2 clips that look like rivets....which somehow must be removable....... I did not want to tug them off with pliers...........can any one help or advise please?
Thanks
W

Tel

Post by Tel »

Screenshot_20211205_180134.jpg

Hope this helps.
Tel.
Werlynne

Post by Werlynne »

Tel, thank you, may I apologise, I never thought that the Handbook would have a "How to" to change the bulb. I appreciate your help.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Your welcome. Take care.
Tel.
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

When you remove the black cover there is a welded screw with a 10 mm nut on it, space is restricted but I used. 10 mm ring key to remove the light cluster. When you get this off gently pull the whole light cluster and it will come away. You will need to unplug the connection block, again space is restricted but I used a long shaft flat screwdriver and it unplugged fairly easy
Werlynne

Post by Werlynne »

ScottD...........Thanks, I am doing the bulb swap later today..............I will use what you suggest..........
Tel & ScottD.......I appreciate your help.
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

Further to my previous post a deep offset 10 mm ringkey, might be better for this job.
Werlynne

Post by Werlynne »

Yes Scott a deep socket would be ideal, it was a thrutch but I managed it. They certainly dont make anything easy anymore............ I suppose they want us to go to dealer to have a bulb replaced..............
Anyhow, thanks guys for your help.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post