Vauxhall Corsa F Safety Systems

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Technologies and assistance systems that are more often found in higher market segments make their debut in the Corsa-e. The top features include the adaptive, glare-free IntelliLux LED® matrix light that Opel offers for the first time in the small car segment. The eight LED elements, controlled by a newest-generation high-resolution front camera, continuously adapt the light beam to the prevailing traffic situation and the surroundings. Advanced driver assistance systems provide tangible additional safety. Thanks to the new front camera traffic sign recognition now detects additional information, such as LED signs. The speed limits saved in the system are also shown in the display.

Opel-Corsa-e-506890.jpg

Radar supported adaptive speed control and sensor-based flank-guard celebrate their premiere in the new Corsa. Side blind-spot assist and a variety of parking assistants are also available.

PaulF

Post by PaulF »

Has anybody had a problem with the traffic sign recognition system. My car is a Vauxhall SRI Premium the camera recognises speed limit signs immediately but then times out after about 20 seconds and two dashes are displayed, which is pretty useless as when you want to check what the speed limit is after the time out, the display has gone. My previous car was a Vauxhall Astra K and the speed sign display remained switched on all the time. As far as I can see there is no way to change the time out setting on the display unit.
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

Rob wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:59 pm Technologies and assistance systems that are more often found in higher market segments make their debut in the Corsa-e. The top features include the adaptive, glare-free IntelliLux LED® matrix light that Opel offers for the first time in the small car segment. The eight LED elements, controlled by a newest-generation high-resolution front camera, continuously adapt the light beam to the prevailing traffic situation and the surroundings. Advanced driver assistance systems provide tangible additional safety. Thanks to the new front camera traffic sign recognition now detects additional information, such as LED signs. The speed limits saved in the system are also shown in the display.

Opel-Corsa-e-506890.jpg

Radar supported adaptive speed control and sensor-based flank-guard celebrate their premiere in the new Corsa. Side blind-spot assist and a variety of parking assistants are also available.
Interesting that the picture is of the electric Corsa and one of the options that was not available on it is the adaptive cruise control (the lack of this option almost made me buy a different car, still wish it was on my car).

Carl,
Tel

Post by Tel »

PaulF wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:56 pm Has anybody had a problem with the traffic sign recognition system. My car is a Vauxhall SRI Premium the camera recognises speed limit signs immediately but then times out after about 20 seconds and two dashes are displayed, which is pretty useless as when you want to check what the speed limit is after the time out, the display has gone. My previous car was a Vauxhall Astra K and the speed sign display remained switched on all the time. As far as I can see there is no way to change the time out setting on the display unit.

It's the same on my Corsa Paul. Though this was normal but working this way I think it is useless.
Unless anyone knows different.
Terry.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post