Digital key unlocking and locking

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 »

Word to the wise best not to have the car fob in your pocket when sitting near the car ( front garden for example) as it has a habit of unlocking and locking until eventually it will lock you out completely.
Having to then pull the key from the fob unlock manually ( alarm going off) start car turn off again and all was reset and working as normal :)

donotknow

Post by donotknow »

hash67 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:41 pm Hi all, so new user here, we got a new elite nav premium in july 2020, it was manufactured in march 2020 and we were the first registered owners.

This car was replaced after being rejected due to issues with the radio that could not be fixed. We then bought a replacement manufactured in October 2020 and delivered Jan 2021 again new.

On the first car the locking did not unlock on approach and lock on walking away, the replacement does loclk on approach and departure as per the manual.

Hope this helps

Thanks

\Hash
With your new corsa you don't have to use the door sensor? I know my corsa has keyless entry, as I don't think they would put the sensor in every car (even in the cheapest version). However, I don't know what to do and don't see anything in the definitions that can change the way the doors open when approaching or getting far from the car
donotknow

Post by donotknow »

b789pilot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 pm I am quite disappointed with the keyless locking and unlocking. The thumb pad on the door handle requires you to tap it a couple of times but it is temperamental. The zone proximity locking does not seem to work. However, a week or so ago, after parking y car in the garage, as I was walking away from it after locking it with the key fob, the car unlocked and the locked itself again. I filmed this on my phone. I could hold the key with two fingers by the keyring and move the key back and forth toward the car while standing just over 1m from it and it would cause the car to lock and unlock but not in any sensible manner. For example, if I moved the key toward the car I would have expected it to unlock but it would just unlock and lock again immediately.

I took the car to the dealer for a different issue (after writing to the Vauxhall CEO) and mentioned the locking/unlocking anomaly. I showed them the video and their technician didn't know why it was doing it and seemed oblivious to the proximity unlocking feature. Anyway, they said they did a firmware update but nothing seems to have changed.
I've been old by a person that after the firmware update the technician did the following to connect the hands free entry:
1. Unlock the car with the key fob.
2. Hold the lock button for 5 to 10 seconds
(do it a few times as it might not work at first, as the person did it with the spare key like 6 times).

If you want to, do that, and please let me know if it worked, as mine doesn't because I haven't even done the firmware update.
Jazzert100

Post by Jazzert100 »

After a software reset and poss update ours now opens on approach and locks and beeps on departure.
It didn't do it previously and was a bit hit and miss on the touch sensor.
donotknow

Post by donotknow »

Jazzert100 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:40 pm After a software reset and poss update ours now opens on approach and locks and beeps on departure.
It didn't do it previously and was a bit hit and miss on the touch sensor.
Can you please tell me which model your corsa is? To be honest i don't know if mine even has the update. I think it is the elite nav (the door trims are black). However, the rest of the features are literally all the ones from the ultimate nav, so I don't know if it has the hands free update available.
Jazzert100

Post by Jazzert100 »

Ultimate NAV 1.2 Turbo
Crezz62

Post by Crezz62 »

We have two Corsa’s both have the same issues you describe. Picked mine up from main dealer yesterday after having warranty work done to fix stop start system and a recall regarding indicators . Was asked to bring both key fobs to dealership .
They fixed the stop start system by fitting a brand new battery but also the car as if by magic now unlocks itself when I approach it and locks itself as I walk away , which it’s never done since I had it .
The recall letter did mention a software update to do with the indicators , so I can only assume that it also updated the locking system because I can’t see how a new battery would solve that problem .
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

This magic trick sounds good as my Corsa-e SE Nav is due for two recalls to be done next month (a busy dealership!). I was also asked to bring both keys.

Also to be done are the ECU updates which they couldn't do last September due to a broadband speed issue.

So I await with anticipation for the unlocking facility.
Jords998

Post by Jords998 »

I also just took my car (Elite Nav Premium) in for the indicator recall & suddenly it started locking & unlocking with the key near by. I'm not complaining, my old car had it & I quite liked it. I didn't have any other repairs done while there. I just assumed it was a firmware update they did at the same time.

Though they didn't ask me to take in both keys, is it safe to assume it won't work on my spare?
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

My dealership is still unable to do the recalls as their broadband is not up to it, but they had asked me for my two keys.

Russell Darling

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post