Kangaroo hopping

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
CGB1942

Post by CGB1942 »

We have a new 2020, Vauxhall Corsa, model 1.2 Turbo 100 Elite Nav Premium, just 700 miles on the clock. We have a problem which I describe below and which, at the moment seems to be mystifying our Vauxhall dealer and their computer systems. I am interested in finding out if others are experiencing the same fault or if anyone has had the same fault and has had it cured.
We all remember our first driving lessons and the violent ‘kangaroo’ starts, well, imagine that situation when you are accelerating through second and third gear, and at between 4,700 and 5,200 rpm you have that same kangaroo effect. In second gear that is at about 35mph and in 3rdgear it’s around the mid 40’s. There are no warning lights and it would appear that the diagnostics system indicates an ‘Unknown Fault’.
The car has now been in the hands of our Vauxhall dealer and Vauxhall 'Techies' for two weeks and we are, quote "no further forward".
So, anyone else? any thoughts?

CGB1942

Post by CGB1942 »

An update rather than a new post really;

I’m sure that it must be me! My wife’s brand new, kangaroo hopping, Vauxhall Corsa, model 1.2 Turbo 100 Elite Nav Premium, has now been with the dealer / Vauxhall Techies for 2½ weeks and they are “no further forward”. What I find most frustrating is the way that the ‘Techies’ provide an instruction for try-out; Check fuel inlets, Swap-out spark plugs, check fuel pressures etc, but they seem to provide this information at 2 to 3-day intervals. This morning I was asked “where do you buy your fuel?”, now, forgive my ignorance but how would fuel quality cause this hopping effect so consistently at around 5,100 revs?

I have now spoken with the ‘Vauxhall Customer Care Centre’ on four occasions, each call has ended with the promise of a call back from VCCC, but that too has yet to happen. So, seeking help and advice; any idea’s?

I first wrote of this problem on the 2nd Sept and again on the 22nd, That means that Vauxhall have failed to identify and solve a problem in over a month, rather worrying eh?
catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 »

Have they checked Down Under?
Ianb81

Post by Ianb81 »

Not sure on the kangaroo hopping but I only use bp fuel or Esso ... Sometimes I add in the premium fuel once in a while.. I never use supermarket fuel..