Corsa-e key fob locking issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

davesd1 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:33 am coincidence?
Who knows, Have to see if it happens again.

Carl,

IanShep

Post by IanShep »

We bought our 70 reg Corsa f-e Elite Nav in November and its been fine until this last week. The key fob problem first happened on the 8th and happened again today (11th). Have to use the physical key to unlock the car and then the key fob starts working again. I updated the infotainment firmware and maps just over a week ago, I don't know if that is related.

I also had a problem today where I couldn't move the gear out of park after releasing the brakes. I had to press the power on/off button, intending to power it off and power it on again. It didn't power off it acted as though it was off and just powered up/refreshed the display and showed the ready display. The gear stick then worked.

I've also had problems with the car refusing to lock, claiming the boot is open when it is firmly closed. Opening and slamming the boot shut fixes that.

I'm starting to regret buying the car I just hope the problems don't get any worse. And don't get me started on the app and its totally random ability to connect to the car.
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

I assume the key fob problems are when moving in and out of the three zones? I don't have that option. I have had no problem locking and unlocking by pressing the appropriate buttons on the fob.

I have a Corsa-e SE NAV.

<< I also had a problem today where I couldn't move the gear out of park after releasing the brakes.
<< I had to press the power on/off button, intending to power it off and power it on again.
<< It didn't power off it acted as though it was off and just powered up/refreshed the display and showed the ready display.
<< The gear stick then worked.

I am also frustrated by the app not working. It appears to update when I drive the car, but then refuses to update any time after that or connect to switch the heater on or check the battery charging. I rely on my smart meter to tell me when charging is finished!
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

I've found if you're too quick off the brake pedal, it doesn't enter ready mode.

Annoying when you don't have this problem with an ignition key cars.

Carl,
Jessieb123

Post by Jessieb123 »

I’m having the same issue with the locking system. Purchased the new corsa Feb 2020 and had it in the garage 5 times regarding locking system. Asked for either a replacement (but by the sounds of it it’s happening to most new corsas) or hand it back as this should not be happening to a brand new car. Getting nowhere with Vauxhall so taking it further.
Cathscar

Post by Cathscar »

Bought my new corsa Sri premium last Monday 1/11/21 . Everything fine until Monday 8th. Couldn't gain access to car using fob, absolutely dead. Had to use fiddly key to open car, then alarm went off! After few attempts managed to silence alarm. Fault has been intermittent since then. Have appointment at garage tomorrow so I'm glad I've found this forum.
Also issues with parking sensor too as in they don't work! What have I bought????
Cobra26

Post by Cobra26 »

Re Previous. If it happens again..and it will. Go to the boot with fob in hand and open it with the finger touch button. Should open car and be fine till next time.
Deadly

Post by Deadly »

I have seen multiple posts about this here in the forum, but i had never personally seen it on my car, that was until recently,

Just before this problem started the dash was telling me to replace the battery in my key, I didn’t do it immediately and thought it might last a while. Anywhoo a couple of days later it was no longer saying this and I started noticing this “car sleep” symptom as everyone here has, both my main key and spare key would not open the car, unless I opened the boot first or used the blade

But I decided to go to Vauxhall and change batteries in both keys, this has no immediate effect and the car still had troubles, but within the next 48 hours the car was completely back to normal, so I suspect if the main key you use is flat or “dying” it has some effect on the car, the key wasn’t completely dead as after opening the boot both keys would open the car

TL;Dr

I changed the batteries in both of my keys and within 48 hours my keyless unlocking was back to functioning properly
cantopendoor

Post by cantopendoor »

We are also having this problem. You don’t expect to not be able to get in to your brand new car…. Very frustrating. The only way in is with the key. The other day whilst having to leave it in a car park we took some things out of the boot, shut and locked the car, then we just happened to check the boot was locked… it wasn’t !. We tried all combinations, keyless, fob, key and still it wouldn’t lock. Two days later it then started locking the boot. Very poor if this is a common fault.

Post by 740454881770 »

Software update should cure this problem

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post