Corsa f sat nav update

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Just apparently managed to update the Infotainment firmware and the maps, though the recommended PC application doesn't work for me. Just downloaded the two huge files and untared them onto a USB stick. Tar is about the oldest ever archive format and is without any compression. The untared files total almost exactly the size of the original .tar file. You don't use a compressed archive if the files you are archiving are already heavily compressed.

Installing the firmware update does give you reasonable feedback, including a creep bar. Installing the maps hides away. You _can_ get an indication that it's installing if you touch the i button to the left of the nav screen, but there's no progress indicator. And if you leave the USB stick in, it asks to install it again.

Now here's the problem. Since I installed the firmware update (before updating the maps) my satnav is showing a location approximately a quarter of a mile from where I'm parked, and that hasn't cleared up so far. I reckon the GPS circuitry probably needs resetting.

I found the "Expert Mode" screen, there's _always_ a hidden menu, but I don't have the PIN number which is annoying, It is _my_ car.

If all else fails I may try disconnecting the 12v battery, to force a reboot of the whole system.

Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

GPS error seems to have cleared up. Just took a few miles of driving
RDarling

Post by RDarling »

I have just found this forum and was initially confused when googling as it is called Corsa F whereas my car is the Corsa-E EV!

However, I was "pleased" to see the same problems reported here as I had.

I now have the two files (Cartography and Software of the touch screen) on a USB via the Vauxhall Update app. I don't appear to have needed to "untar" any files?

Can anyone tell me for how long I need to sit in the car to update both files? I believe I can reduce the time by selecting only certain languages for the maps?

Also how will I know when there is the next update?
skippy53

Post by skippy53 »

We used the vauxhall app on the phone which then sent us a link that provided the following instructions. It did take a while to download and prepare the 32Gb USB stick but after that, when it was put i the car it took around 30Mins to do the firmware and then maps.

To update your navigation system use the "VAUXHALL Update" application. This app prepares the USB key that you will need to use in your vehicle.

If you have previously downloaded the app, simply open it and start downloading the update.

If you have not yet downloaded the app, download it now via the URL below:
For Windows : https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/downloads/map ... update.exe
For MAC : https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/downloads/map ... update.dmg

Make sure that the app is downloaded and saved directly on the hard drive of your computer and not on an external drive connected by USB.

You must have administrator rights on the computer and a good internet connection.
pete1948

Post by pete1948 »

I updated the firmware without difficulty but declined the satnav updates. I'm entirely happy with google maps on android

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post