dashcam hardwiring

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
videojedi

Post by videojedi »

Hi folks,

Have a brand new corsa-E (F.... this is confusing! :)) Onto which I have fitted a new front and rear dashcam. The hardwiring kit requires an ACC line and a Batt line. I installed the camera and using a couple of Fuse Taps, I connected the ACC line to the fuse for the Cigarette lighter (F31) and for the Batt line, I used the Diagnostic port fuse as it seems to be powered all the time. (F12).

However, straight away the car had trouble detecting the key when I pushed the start button. I tried the spare key and had the same problem. A few more tries with both keys, would occasionally start the car, but more often, would complain again that the key was not detected and the car wont start.

I removed the Batt line fuse tap, and the car again detects the keys. (phew!)

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? For now I have the ACC and Batt lines of the hardwire kit both connected to F31. The camera works, but obviously cant operate when the car is switched off. Does the extra current draw on the diagnostic fuse cause an issue? Can anyone suggest a better place to pick up a permanent 12 volt, that won't cause these issues?

Many thanks,

Richard

gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

The first 2 thoughts that spring to mind would be either:

The fuse for the diagnostic port isn't a 12V constant supply but might be something else.

The controller for the dash cam is back feeding something down the ACC line.

Also, just to check, you're using the correct fuse layout as the electric has a different fusebox layout to the ICE versions.

Carl,