Stop start failure

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
Wallpaper123

Post by Wallpaper123 »

Can anyone tell me if they have had to fit a new battery with a higher Ah due to the standard battery fitted not holding enough charge to operate the Stop start

Thebarron

Post by Thebarron »

Its possible that when this car was launched they fitted a lower cost battery which wasn't fit for the purpose for stop start I think a higher amp battery would be more suitable for this purpose but they are expensive,about £150 but hold more power and are for stop start purpose, having said that I fully charged mine which is a65 amp with a new smart charger suitable for this type of battery and took it out for a run but stop start still didn't work,the main dealer will tell you that you have to do a lot of long journeys to keep the battery up to scratch ,I have proved to myself that even with a fully charged battery this still does not make stop and start work,which makes me think the battery hasn't a high enough amp type fitted,having said that if it did work look at the wear and tear it would have on the starter motor canceling out any small savings on petrol ,so I have decided not to let it worry me any more,I am a retired motor mechanic and have stopped letting these thing get to me enough said.
Bev5

Post by Bev5 »

I have this issue at the moment it is a 2020 model Corsa
I am taking it to my Vauxhall main dealer to be looked at. They mentioned could be battery issue that I might need to purchase a new one the car is under warranty but they don't seem interested in this any advice? Bev
pde04

Post by pde04 »

Bev5 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:54 pm I have this issue at the moment it is a 2020 model Corsa
I am taking it to my Vauxhall main dealer to be looked at. They mentioned could be battery issue that I might need to purchase a new one the car is under warranty but they don't seem interested in this any advice? Bev
Vauxhall will keep giving you excuses, the battery needs to be a 70AH and updated software and that will solve the issue,
the 70AH battery is fitted the 71,72 plate corsa because vauxhall know stop/start is a issue on the older corsas fitted with the 60AH battery.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post