MYVAUXHALL APP NOW TAILOR-MADE FOR NEW CORSA-E

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Set to be Britain’s most popular electric car, the Corsa-e is now available with Vauxhall Connect, a clever feature accessed via the MyVauxhall app, which allows owners to access information, such as the remaining range, the cheapest re-charging options and pre-conditioning of the interior.

Corsae App.JPG

Smartphone users can also learn the charging status of their car, remotely start the air conditioning, and select the charging time required.

The clever tech calculates the car’s range, taking into account not only the amount of charge left, but also the previous driving style. This important element means that the MyVauxhall app provides a real-world prediction of range, based on its previous use, giving drivers a higher degree of accuracy.

Programme app to select cheapest charging times

MyVauxhall users can also specify when charging of their Corsa-e can begin, giving owners the potential to select the most cost-efficient charging times during the night or day.

The Corsa-e’s standard air conditioning system can also be pre-conditioned before the start of a journey, using the MyVauxhall app. The car’s interior temperature can be selected before the journey has even begun, whether it’s minus 10 or plus 30 degrees Celcius.

Finally, later this year the MyVauxhall app will include even more features. A Digital Key will provide remote locking and un-locking across even greater distances, with access to the car for up to five users. The MyVauxhall app will also enable remote control of the lights and horn – very helpful if you’ve forgotten where you parked the car!

NottsDougie

Post by NottsDougie »

I downloaded the app when I got my Corsa-E, and it worked perfectly for the first few days. But it simply doesn't work now, so much so each time I try and open the app it instantly crashes.

I've deleted it, rebooted my phone, downloaded the app, but again once registered the same thing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get the app to work?

It's such a pain not being able to program the charging time or pre-condition the car from the house.

Thanks in advance.
nlittley

Post by nlittley »

Just adding to this - on iOS (iphone8 and ipad) the app won't work it just crashes to homescreen.
It does seem to be working on android. I have reported this to vauxhall customer care. Expect a response in a few months...

Incidentally, can anyone explain how pre-conditioning operates? Do you set the time you wish to depart, or the time you wish to start pre-conditioning? And as far as I can tell there are no options to set the temperature or which things function in the app. Does it just start whatever the last used settings were or is it a specific collection of things. This feature isn't described in the manual for some reason. All help appreciated.

Nathan
Corsa-e Elite Nav June 2020
Voltaic Blue
b789pilot

Post by b789pilot »

Having had my Corsa-e (Elite Nav 7.4kw} for nearly 2 months now. The app is a little disappointing. When it is updated automatically, it sometimes fails to work properly. If there is no wifi connection (3G or 4G only) then it just hangs. It does not always update after every journey.

Last week there was an automatic update to the app which allowed journeys to be recorded and usage shown on a graph. Not every journey registers. Also the journeys have option for cost but only for ICE versions. No way of inputting M/KWh to show costing. It all seems a bit amateurish.

As for climate control. it will only pre-condition to the last set temperature. You can't preselect a temperature. It recommends that you set the pre-conditioning at least 15 minutes before your ETD.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post