20 Reg Corsa Start/Stop Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
maximusblk

Post by maximusblk »

Has anyone experienced a fault with the start stop on the new corsa. Its activated on my car and it has been working fine since new but its suddenly not working properly. I put the car in neutral and handbrake on and the green A letter on the dash flashes and the ECO text flashes and both go off. Start stop doesn't activate. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

paul04

Post by paul04 »

I took my corsa in to the Vauxhall garage last week because stop/start does not work, it does flash eco on the dashboard.
They said the battery has to be charged to 85% before stop/start will work, my 20 minute drive to work is not enough to get it over 85%.
Take your car for a longer drive, and it should work,
If not get it checked out at your local dealership.
Rach89

Post by Rach89 »

Mine has the same issue.
Took it back to the dealership who said cara are delivered with low batteries and it hadn’t been charged enough. They charged it, the stop/start worked for 4 days and now back to not working.
I’ve tried short and long journeys but nothing works to charge it up. My previous car was a Mokka X and the stop/ start worked constantly for 4 years, regardless of the journey. My journey type hasn’t altered.
The dealership have been absolutely crap about the whole thing!
Crezz62

Post by Crezz62 »

Same problem with mine and the wife’s . The wife’s went back to the workshop , they charged the battery …. It worked for a day then nothing .
Mine was returned and a faulty module on the battery was diagnosed … module replaced , worked a few times then again nothing .
I too had a Mokka x before , stop start worked perfectly .
Both cars to be returned to dealer for another go !!
Apart from that love the cars .
Hanmax

Post by Hanmax »

Hi, I am new to the forum and am aware that the auto stop/start fault has been well discussed. Just thought that my experience might be useful to someone. Recently purchased a 1.2T SRI NAV, 18 months old with 4.5k on the clock, auto stop/start did not work from the off, did not think to try it on the test drive! Contacted the dealer and was told that it can be problematic, run the car for a few days then get back to them. Gave it three days without any change. contacted dealer again and they booked it in for diagnostics, result referral to main dealer for software update. Spent a week with the main dealer, told they had updated software and CHARGED the battery and fault was cured. Stop/start worked for two days then failed. Contacted dealer again and booked it in for diagnostics again. Got to speak to technician at dealers and explained how I had done several long runs with everything turned off and suggested that it must be the battery. being the obvious variable in the system, 4.5k miles in 18 months suggested that the car must have spent some time sitting idle with battery discharging and causing possible sulphation with resultant capacity reduction and charging it had resulted in a temporary fix. He diagnosed a battery fault and ordered a replacement from Vauxhall which was fitted under warranty the following week however the fault was still there. Referred to main dealer again, 4 week wait. After driving the car fairly heavily for two days the stop/start started working suggesting that the new battery had not been fully charged and had topped up. Waiting with baited breath to see how long it lasts. Incidentally the new battery was an upgrade, the original was a 60Amp.H 680, new one is 70Amp.H 760. The capability of these OEM batteries must be marginal.
MikeOx

Post by MikeOx »

Happens occasionally to mine, comes back when it chooses. I find if I've got the fans running it won't stop/start. I suspect it's due to low battery so I try to allow phases of regenerative breaking which seems to help things.
1.2T (100BHP) SRI Premium NAV
POWER ORANGE (Petrol)
EB2023

Post by EB2023 »

maximusblk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:53 am Has anyone experienced a fault with the start stop on the new corsa. Its activated on my car and it has been working fine since new but its suddenly not working properly. I put the car in neutral and handbrake on and the green A letter on the dash flashes and the ECO text flashes and both go off. Start stop doesn't activate. Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Hi apologies I know this is an old post, but I have just purchased a second hand 2020 Corsa Elite Nav Premium and I cannot get the start/stop to work at all? Mine is doing exactly the same as mentioned in this original post, no fans/air con/heated mirror are on, the start/stop is activated, car is stopped in neutral and on the dashboard the green letter A flashes and ECO too? It appears it’s trying to do it but never does, any help? Did you ever manage to figure it out. Thanks :)
pde04

Post by pde04 »

EB2023 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:16 pm
maximusblk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:53 am Has anyone experienced a fault with the start stop on the new corsa. Its activated on my car and it has been working fine since new but its suddenly not working properly. I put the car in neutral and handbrake on and the green A letter on the dash flashes and the ECO text flashes and both go off. Start stop doesn't activate. Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Hi apologies I know this is an old post, but I have just purchased a second hand 2020 Corsa Elite Nav Premium and I cannot get the start/stop to work at all? Mine is doing exactly the same as mentioned in this original post, no fans/air con/heated mirror are on, the start/stop is activated, car is stopped in neutral and on the dashboard the green letter A flashes and ECO too? It appears it’s trying to do it but never does, any help? Did you ever manage to figure it out. Thanks :)

As you have the 2020 model, it will be fitted with the 60AH battery, I had issues with my corsa and took it back to vauxhall 4 times to fix the stop/start, I just got excuses, you need to drive it more (did not work) they charged the battery and stop/start worked for a day, then they had in to check the charging system which still did not fix it,
then I got a good offer on a new 21 plate corsa, and this had the updated 70AH battery and updated software, and stop/start works fine every day,
Vauxhall do know of the issue, a new 70AH battery and a software updated should fix your issue.
EB2023

Post by EB2023 »

Thank you very much for the advice. This is the only thing that’s not working on my new car. I can live without it but would be nice to know it works if ever needed! I doubt my car dealer will change the battery for free as it’s second hand :( and I don’t fancy paying more money for a new battery. I will consider this in future many thanks :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post