Corsa F, lots of niggles and faults

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
PilotTiny

Post by PilotTiny »

Hi all,

Girlfriend has had the Corsa F since January 2020, and we have had quite a few niggles & gremlins with the car.

It’s a 1.2T SRI Nav Premium in Power Orange. Absolutely love the car!

Now for the problems. Since she has owned the car, the keyless entry has simply refused to work on the drivers door. Only works on the boot.
We’ve had a problem with the Stop - Start system, recently getting worse though. Sometimes it will simply refuse to cut the engine out for days at a time, even after a regular 40 mile drive between houses at motorway speeds.
The interior has some seriously nasty rattles when listening to music, particularly coming from the rear door cards.

Driving the car, I’ve noticed the gearbox making some big crunchy sounds when going into 3rd or 6th gear. This issue seems to get worse when accelerating rapidly, or using the sport button.
Finally.. went to go to work in it a few days ago, opened the drivers door to be greeted with some loud bongs, started the engine and it flashed up saying that there was a problem with the parking brake! Switched the engine off and back on and the issue went away and we haven’t seen it since. It alarming though.

Apart from these faults, we love the car! Plenty of power and love the sound of a baby 3cyl! :D

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

I have the black sri 21 plate. I had a problem with the drivers door sticking out at the bottom!! Finally got it sorted much to thier dismay!! I too seem to have a rattle when music at a certain level it is driving me made! Driving along trying to hold different things down to see where and what it is! Compaired to my 2018 3 dr turbo its very well made. But like you both i love my car😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post