Niggles

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
ges7

Post by ges7 »

Had my Corsa SRI 100 TURBO for just over a month now. So far a few niggles are, fill to the brim with petrol, gauge only reads 3/4 full.
The air con default is ON rather than OFF when turning on ignition.
When LED lights for stop/start, lane guide, reversing sensor alarm and traction control are UNLIT the functions are active. This is counterintuitive, when you consider that when air con LED lights are LIT air con functions are ON.

ges7

Post by ges7 »

Had car in dealership Thursday 27 February to check petrol gauge, dropped petrol tank and found electronic fuel level sender is faulty. Of course no replacements in stock, it may be Wednesday next week before part arrives. New car only six weeks old. Doesn't bode well for the future.
Paultmaine

Post by Paultmaine »

Can you change the default on the air con, I’m always switching mine off as soon as I start the car, also have you updated your map on the sat nav, I’ve downloaded the file but it doesn’t seem to like my memory sticks, any tips on how to install the downloaded map?,
ges7

Post by ges7 »

As I reported earlier the aircon on my car comes on by default, can't work out if it can be changed, I just switch it off at start-up. I haven't tried done the download the update yet.
I mentioned earlier, that the electronic fuel level sender module is faulty on my car. It has been on order since 27th February, no sign of it arriving. I have been in constant communication with Vauxhall Customer Care.
I am not very impressed with Vauxhall , they launch a new model of Corsa with much fanfare, and ads on tv, but don't have spares to back things up.
gowron492

Post by gowron492 »

ges7 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:04 pm The air con default is ON rather than OFF when turning on ignition.
My brother has a Honda and it always defaults to start/stop feature being on so I made a micro-controlled relay to toggle it once it had started.

The one advantage my brothers car had was the button was external.

If it does default to always on, I think I will have to program a micro-controller and fit it internally to the A/C unit.

Carl,
Jjj

Post by Jjj »

Going back to your spare wheel did you have to buy the foam polystyrene spacer as well as spare wheel
Arnold Poindexter

Post by Arnold Poindexter »

Hi, I know that was years ago but i just got a 2021 corsa E in 2023 and it still has that problem, "because the cars are made in Spain it is defaulted on" they told me, but even in 2023 i would like to know how to default that to off.