Reversing camera fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Nexus.sixx

Post by Nexus.sixx »

Hi
My wife recently bought a 2021 plate. 1.2 Griffin from a main Vauxhall dealer.
One of the advertised features was a reversing camera.
During the initial test drive we found the camera didnt work.
When you put the car into reverse the screen display splits vertically into 2 sections. 30% on left and 60% on the right. The left pane shows the reversing senors status. The right pane shows a red X. Pressing the red X takes you to another screen display.
The fault was noted to be fixed after the purchase was completed.
The car has now been back to the main dealer 3 times to fix the camera issue.
Visit 1 - fault was checked out and new camera tried - still not working
Visit 2 - Vauxhall technical advised that the car needed a 6 hour software update - still not working
Visit 3 - Vauxhall technical advised a new centre screen system was required - still not working.

The main dealer has now booked the car in for visit no 4 but is currently waiting for Vauxhall technical to advise what the next course of action is.

Has anyone else had a problem with their reversing camera ?

Thanks in advance

pde04

Post by pde04 »

No issues with the reverse camera, and mine is the 1.2 Griffin (71 plate)
Nexus.sixx

Post by Nexus.sixx »

Hi pde04

It’s good to know that someone else has got the same model with a working camera as I was starting to think that perhaps this models camera was not activated for some reason.
When you put your car into reverse what does the screen show ? Is it a full screen camera view or is it a split screen as I described above, with the camera view on the right and a graphical representation of the car and parking sensors displayed on the left ?
Thanks
pde04

Post by pde04 »

You can change how it displays, at the moment it's split, so the rear view and the car position, really handy for parking in a carpark in between the lines,
if I could fine fault and it would be a very small one, when you have reversed and start moving forward the rear camera stays on for 5/10 seconds then switches back to the normal display (radio or satnav) apart from that it works fine.
Nexus.sixx

Post by Nexus.sixx »

Ok thanks - pde04
How do you change the display layout on your screen as I don’t see any options for changing the layout on our car.
pde04

Post by pde04 »

when you put the car in reverse, in the bottom left corner on screen you can press to change the view.
Nexus.sixx

Post by Nexus.sixx »

Hi Pde04

Our car doesn’t have that option so that’s very odd. If you get chance please can you take a picture of your screen when in reverse and post it on here. Our car is currently in the dealers and has been now for over a week whilst they try to get the camera issue fixed. Vauxhall tec have now said in needs a new Telematics unit so not sure if that will fix it. To me it seems more like a configuration issue rather than a hardware issue.
DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes »

Bought a new corsa elite September 2022, a few days later centre screen went blank, no display of anything including camera, intermittent faulty display. Car has been into main dealer 10+ times. Had new display, new radio and numerous downloads. Still nothing. Almost a year later no reversing camera, although every else works with intermittent loss of display on centre screen. Just left it with dealer for 5 days, unfortunately not fixed. In now for the last time before I reject car. 😞
radu.razvan90

Post by radu.razvan90 »

I have the exact same issue! It's so frustrating, I just got the car yesterday! How did you solve the issue?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post