Electronic parking brake help. Newbie

All Vauxhall Corsa F related discussions
AndrewC66

Post by AndrewC66 »

Hello.

I have just got my 3rd Corsa, but got an electronic parking brake for the first time

Newbie questions
When pulling up at a junction, do I need to pull up the switch to engage the handbrake, or should it engage automatically?

I seem to have done something wrong as a couple of times I tried to drive off but the handbrake did not disengage.

Help and guidance appreciated
Corsa 2022 elite edition manual

MSXWARRIOR

Post by MSXWARRIOR »

Based on my 2020..

Parking brake does not engage automatically so have to do manually (should you wish) on the flat.

On an incline the hill start assist should kick in so you are held until you pull away. So shouldn’t need to enable the parking brake (but can do I guess)

On the auto disenage - it should release the parking brake when car detects the clutch biting point sufficient to hold the car (that’s my impression anyway) same for forward and reverse pullaway.

This is my first electronic parking brake car too - however had a courtesy car (a 2017 Mercedes) which didn’t seem to auto release.

HTH
MikeOx

Post by MikeOx »

MSXWARRIOR wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:51 pm Based on my 2020..

On the auto disengage - it should release the parking brake when car detects the clutch biting point sufficient to hold the car (that’s my impression anyway) same for forward and reverse pullaway.
Yes, providing all the doors are shut otherwise it will not disengage and you'll end up burning your clutch (speaking from experience)
1.2T (100BHP) SRI Premium NAV
POWER ORANGE (Petrol)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post