Oil pressure fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Corsa F
Fiona1053

Post by Fiona1053 »

I recently had the oil pressure sensor replaced on my 3 year old Corsa Elite Nav Turbo but after 2 weeks the oil pressure sensor warning light has returned. It is a red light warning and the car goes into limp mode which happened as I was pulling out of a junction. Luckily the road was not busy at the time but I feel this is a real safety issue. I have been told that the most likely cause is due to the fact that I only do short journeys in my car. Has anyone else had this issue? If this is what is causing the fault why has the car worked without any issues for the past 3 years?

Delboy_lee

Post by Delboy_lee »

Thanks for your post as my Corsa Elite Auto is also 3 years old in February 2024 & I also only do short journeys and so far have not had the oil light come On
so will be interesting to see how you resolve this issue?
My total mileage so far is 5400.
Please keep us advised.
Derek
Corsa f 1.2 (100 PS) Elite Turbo 8 Speed Automatic
Quartz Grey ( Petrol )
Dogger117

Post by Dogger117 »

How many miles has the car done, does the car have full service history with the correct engine oil replaced at the correct service intervals for a wet belt puretech engine ?
Fiona1053

Post by Fiona1053 »

Car has done just under 4,000 miles - it's been serviced once a year since new at a local Vauxhall garage so I presume everything has been done as it should be.
Dogger117

Post by Dogger117 »

Most interesting, i was expecting a car with 40,000 miles or more, indicating cam belt debris in the oil pump strainer, common issue with the 1.2 puretech engine. If it were my car i would be asking the garage who diagnosed the sensor as defective, with the same fault still present, what are they going to do to rectify the issue.
Please keep us all informed with the outcome,
Fiona1053

Post by Fiona1053 »

Just to update - for the past 3 weeks my daughter has driven my car to her work once a week which is a 30 minute drive each way and so far the fault hasn't returned. Phoned Vauxhall customer services to see if they thought only driving short distances could be the reason but they said they weren't aware of any such issues.
Dogger117

Post by Dogger117 »

Nice to know it is not a continuing issue, lets hope it has gone not to return.
stevebutt69

Post by stevebutt69 »

Hi my Corsa SRi Nav Premium Turbo keeps having a Red Triangle come on saying Oil low which it's not goes limp in middle off road so i turn off and turn back on with no warning light and i don't get another problem could be a day or could be a week. mainly it happens when i use the car first time driving up road so is it that its cold. This is not safe when in middle of a busy road or a motorway.
Is this a problem with all Corsa's .
Fiona1053

Post by Fiona1053 »

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear you are having the same issue - It really is a safety issue going into limp mode. This week I have had another fault develop which is to do with the camshaft sensor. This is the second time I have had this happen - the camshaft sensor was replaced last year when the car was still under warranty. I have been in touch with the garage who sold me the car to see what they are going to do about both of the issues so hope to hear from them tomorrow.
PaulLaver

Post by PaulLaver »

I have a Nav Premium 2020 with 14k Miles and am getting the oil pressure light every morning when parked on a slight decline. Then go to work and light is off on return journey. Is this an over sensitive oil pressure sensor or signs of wet belt degrading.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post